Breakfast is absolutely the most important meal of the day (even if it’s not eaten at breakfast time)
It fuels your body with all the nutrients it needs after fasting overnight, balances your blood-sugars to kill those sugar cravings & helps keep your metabolism regulated for more efficient fat burning!
But, in these busy times, its also the meal that gets missed as our mornings usually end up the most busy & thinking we have all day to make up for skipping brekky (which we usually don’t), we often go without it & wind up lethargic & craving sugar later in the day.
The solution? Fast, easy, DELICIOUS & nourishing breakfasts that can be made quickly on the day, or prepped the night before for a grab-&-go meal to keep you at your best!
One of the main things I focus on when creating the meals that go into the Forever Fit meal plans in our MJ Fit Life App is exactly this!
One of our Fit Fam faves is this amazing choc, peanut butter & strawberry jam protein oats breakfast that is super satisfying, delicious, full of energy & metabolism boosting proteins, fats & carbs and can be made in under 10 mins in the morning (perfect or cooler days) or prepped in under 10 mins the night before for a cooling overnight oats meal, perfect for those warmer days too!
This recipe is already part of the Forever Fit meal plans and the app changes the ingredient quantities for you, based on your calorie & macro requirements!
But it’s too good not to share! So here’s the recipe for you to try with the quantities, calories & macros I use when I have it:
- 50g Oats (raw weight)
- 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter (use 100% nuts butter)
- 50g Banana
- 10g Peanuts (crushed)
- 100ml Full Fat Milk
- 1/2 cup water (if needed)
- 6g Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 scoop (15g) Chocolate Protein Powder (I use White Wolf Nutrition – linked below for you) My discount code is MJFITWOLF
METHOD FOR HOT:
- Add oats, sliced banana, milk & water to serving bowl, add water & cook until oats are mushy & mixture is slightly gluggy (I use a microwave set to high for 4 minutes to save time & washing up)
- Stir in protein powder with a fork to mash banana as you go
- Top with peanut butter, jam & crumbed peanuts
METHOD FOR OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Add Oats, milk, sliced banana, water & protein powder to the container you’ll eat from & stir until combined
- Add peanut butter, jam & peanuts on top (or do this in the morning)
- Cover & place in fridge ready to grab & go in the morning!
Calories: 484 | P: 27g | F: 20g | C: 50g
Link for White Wolf Protein Powder (discount code MJFITWOLF): Click Here
And if you’d love your own customised meal plans with recipes like this plus 1000s more tailored exactly to your eating needs & preferences to reach your fitness goals in half the time, Forever Fit could be your solution!
Click here to learn more about the program & our app or get started now!
Love & Fitness, Coach MJ xx